Friday, November 28, 2008

Twofer

i am entitling this blog twofer because i blogged two times today. you know what that means? it means today was a good day. a very, very good day.

you know, sometimes i wish i was like a character in the book "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".
it is such a good book, and even though charlie is not a grown up yet he has many wise things to say. here are some of my favorite quotes.

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."

"I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning."

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."

"and in that moment, i swear, we were infinite."


i do love that book. you should check it out sometime.


"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."

thats from the shawshank redemption, listen to this song,
and read on.


you know, sometimes i miss the old days. i know maybe i'm too young to say something like that, to claim that i have old days. but its true. i miss the friendships i used to have with people. there was this one person, *Mclovin, who really understood me. and we got along perfectly. and then all the sudden, everything was really different. and i don't know what happened or how or why, but it was weird. and i miss how things were between us. i don't know. but its over, so i mean i'm fine now, but sometimes i still think back to how it used to be, to how it could have been, and i miss it.















All I Really Want to Be is a Hippie. Peace&Love.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE that book! I'm rereading it now! I think I should read it tonight in style!

I miss the old days too, man. Things were simple. Like we were happy playing in the fucking sandbox. No homework, no expectations...life was good! I wish we had appreciated it then.

Let's be hippies together! Which reminds me...we need to talk to BATTY!!!!

Love!